The Neuroscience Diploma Program provides York graduate students with a well-rounded education in neuroscience, creating a solid foundation on which to base their own neuroscience research. Through coursework and the Neuroscience seminar series, students meet on a regular basis with like-minded neuroscience colleagues from across the university.
In order to begin their Master's or PhD studies, Neuroscience Diploma Program applicants must be admitted into either of the following departments:
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Kinesiology and Health Sciences
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Biology
If your graduate research involves neuroscience and you are not in one of these department, please contact the program director.
Applicants must fulfill these requirements to be eligible:
- Currently a graduate student at the Master’s or PhD level
- Thesis or dissertation is on a topic in Neuroscience and is being conducted under the supervision of a core faculty member of the Neuroscience Graduate Diploma Program.
Students in the last year of their Masters or PhD studies are not eligible to apply.
Applicants must first obtain a graduate supervisor who is a core faculty member of the Neuroscience Graduate Diploma Program through their graduate departments.
Applications must be submitted to Lauren Sergio (email@example.com) by June 2nd, 2017* and are required to include the following materials in their application:
- A copy of their most recent transcript
- A CV including a list of academic publications and presentations
- A summary* of the applicants’ proposed or ongoing research, signed by both the applicant and supervisor. The summary should be double-spaced, and no longer than one page
- The supervisor’s letter of endorsement for the applicant and project
*THE PROGRAM FILLS UP. We have limited space. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis. Late applications will be reviewed only if spaces remain (you will be notified one way or the other).
Incoming Master’s and PhD students should consult with their future supervisor before the application deadline to obtain assistance in the preparation. Applicants must include an email address with their application.
Transcripts must be mailed (or emailed) to:
Dr. Lauren Sergio
Neuroscience Diploma Program Director
357 Bethune College, School of Kinesiology & Health Science
4700 Keele Street
Toronto ON M3J 1P3